Friday, February 22, 2008

"The Kingdom of Passoli"



This illustration was very basic in the beginning. The creatures coming out of the tunnel were made from basic shapes but I found their simple structures to be profound, stimulating looking and rather playful...so I decided to flesh them out further and create a general story concept and design around them. The creatures are called Passolites and they are beings who comprise The Kingdom of Passoli. I thought about putting them into my Pink Laughter Kingdom concept as a warring and mischief-making nation at odds with the inhabitants and towns of Pink Laughter Kingdom, but I might make The Kingdom of Passoli story one of its own.

The design went through various stages and was composed of many layers. It was initially created in Illustrator and then taken into Photoshop.

The initial image looked like this:

No comments: