Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Fantasy Checkerboard"




I really miss working in 3D Studio Max…I haven’t worked in the program for awhile but I am a huge fan of taking 3D work into Photoshop for a fusion effect. I am currently looking into getting a licensed version of Max so that I can begin creating new photoshop/3D fusion projects again. A friend installed Max on my old computer and currently I am not able to get a hold of the installation disk…so that was the beginning of my hiatus from working with 3D.

I created a traditional and plain black and red checkerboard set with a wood base a couple of years ago with Max. I decided to update the look of the board in Photoshop today. I wanted to give it a magical fantasy look so I themed it in purples and pinks with glowing accents for the checkerboard pieces. I definitely like the revision. It makes me want to have a glowing checkerboard set just like it.

No comments: