Sunday, June 1, 2008

“Pygmy Halloween House”

Pygmy Haunted Halloween



This was created in Flash. Last year around mid-summer, I began working in Flash for illustrative pieces. This was a different process because I primarily use Illustrator (in accompaniment with Photoshop) to create most of my pieces.

Flash has its advantages as an illustrative tool because if you are setting up art work or art assets for Flash animations for games, characterization and shorts, the native files are smaller and remain vectorized rather than larger imported bitmap images.

The objective was to create a Halloween themed scene. The first thing I thought about was a nocturnal haunted house illustration but I wanted the house to look spooky in a quirky, off-beat and playful manner. I also thought about making the house look like gnomes or pygmy-sized being lived in it...hence the proportion of the fencing and tree around the house and the size of the house are off-kilter.

No comments: